Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oyster Bamboo Fly Rods says goodbye to summer



What?  Summer is over?!?!
Fall is near.  Our nights are cooler and the crisp air teases us until noon each day when we inevitably end up in the high 80s.  I am okay with the heat (if it's below 70 , I swear I can see my breathe),  but most people are not as tolerant.  When I walk outside the shop on Main Street, I hear a chorus of complaining from all directions (especially Bill and Riley).
One word...winter.  Don't forget the alternative...winter.  
But, until then, we have the magical fall to look forward to soon.


Saying goodbye to summer is always difficult for me and this one is no exception.  Here at Oyster Bamboo Fly Rods, we were very busy playing and working over the past several months.  So, if a picture is worth 1000 words...here we go...




work, work, work

play, play, play on the Frying Pan
work, work, work
play, play, play in St. George
work, work, work...hand engraved butt caps for students in one class
  We taught over 28 students to make a bamboo fly rod this summer!
work, work, work...kind of
PLAY!PLAY!PLAY!...once our student and now our "imported" friend Brian from Massachusetts.


 work, work, work


play, play, play...Bill and Riley took up pipe smoking when I was not looking
play, play, play
Goodbye to summer...

Until we meet again...