Sunday, March 11, 2012

My tribal bamboo fly rod!





The above photo is a direct result of the following:


6 months of planning, 7 friends (including my Aunt from Seattle) and 74 hours of work (I was slow and others had to assist me...hence the "tribal" in the rod)...

Originally I had planned to write out a thoughtful blog each day of the class but that was completely unrealistic a bit ambitious.  So, where did we leave off?  I forget...but will tap into whatever memory I have left after a week of being  inundated with bamboofly rod maker responsibilities.



Riley's sense of humor...my name is spelled Shannen!



Have I mentioned that straightening the strips almost killed me?  Again, I will not bore you.

After this week, I have a new respect on every level for Bill's undeniable patience and seemingly endless volcano of talent.  This week was special for a myriad of reasons...


My space...brand new perspective these days.




My favorite...planing

 Strangely enough, I really enjoyed planing the rod. Once I got into a rhythm, it was almost relaxing.  



9 weight!






Binding
I have skipped about 1000 steps but do you think that I may the first person to ever build a bamboo fly rod in big hoop earrings?!?




Us
Grip shaping
Coating wraps
My Tribe...Bill, Roni, Me, Rick, Linda, Doug, Terry, Jeff, Kathy and Riley